Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm Jesus' #1 Follower!


People boast about their faith in Jesus all the time. Sometimes I am one of the them. Ok. So a lot of the time sometimes I am one of them. Confused? Me too. Words can be confusing. Especially when our actions don't match up with them. Think about these things:

A husband beats his wife, then says: " It's just because I love you so much".

A college student says, " I really want to be a doctor!" But doesn't attend their classes or do the class work.

A woman says, " My husband is the head of our house." And yet at home, she undermines every decision he makes and will not submit to his authority because she can do it better. 

A church says " We are Pro-life! Abortion is wrong." But they condemn the young woman who finds herself pregnant, and trying to find God in the midst of it all. And allows her no joy in the celebration of her coming baby!

I say all these things because, I hear all the time, "I love Jesus!" And then nothing.

The biggest problem is, more times than not, those are my own words I am hearing. Every time I say "I love Jesus", and don't serve those around me, I commit the sin of omission.

James 4:17  Whoever knows what is right but doesn't do it is sinning.  But, I do what's right (in my own eyes).
I set the standard far too often for I think is doing right.

Listen to what Jesus says:

John 13:12-17  After Jesus had washed their feet and put on his outer clothes, he took his place at the table again. Then he asked his disciples, "Do you understand what I've done for you?
 You call me teacher and Lord, and you're right because that's what I am.
 So if I, your Lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you must wash each others feet.
 I've given you an example that you should follow.
I can guarantee this truth: Slaves are not superior to their owners, and messengers are not superior to the people who send them.
If you understand all of this, you are blessed whenever you follow my example.


Jesus wants me to serve others. ( But He was talking to the disciples, did He really mean me too?)

If I am to become like Jesus, I must follow His example like He asked me too. He, and only He knows what is best for me.

James 2:17- 19( GW) says this,
  In the same way, faith by itself is dead if it doesn't cause you to do any good things.
  Another person might say, "You have faith, but I do good things." Show me your faith apart from the good things you do. I will show you my faith by the good things I do.
  You believe that there is one God. That's fine! The demons also believe that, and they tremble with fear.

My words do not mean anything if my actions do not match.

I'M JESUS' #1 FOLLOWER?

If I want to chase after God's heart, I need to serve like His Son. Everyone. Everywhere. Even my enemies.

Wow, I need to get busy!


Chasing Their Hearts,

Glenda Johnson
womanaftergod@gmail.com
http://www.twitter.com/GlendaJohnson63
http://www.facebook.com/BibleBowlGlenda

No comments:

Post a Comment