Sunday, March 6, 2011

SHH! Hear The Whisper?


Hello! It has been 46 days since I have blogged.
I have missed writing.
Thank you to those who have written, commented and sent me messages saying you have missed the blog as well.

I have learned that sometimes, you have to be real quiet. (For those that know me, NOT AN EASY TASK!)
I have only rarely posted on Face Book and Twitter the last month and a half as well.

In my quietness, I have been listening.
Unfortunately, at times, I have been listening to the wrong voices.
I needed to quiet all the voices except One.

Like Elijah, I needed to here what God had to say to me. I needed desperately to hear God's voice above all the others that were shouting at me.

1 Kings 19:11-12  And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.


In that low whisper was God. I found I could only hear it when I stopped trying to listen and respond to all the other voices. I needed to quiet me.

And I did. And I listened.

God was there speaking all time. I had just chosen to allow myself to turn His volume down, so I couldn't hear Him as well.

Today, I am listening to the whisper. It is powerful. It will silence the untruths. It will bring peace.

If you are having a hard time hearing God over the roar of others, be silent. Don't answer. Don't fight. Just listen. See, you hear it now?
He is telling you He loves you. He wants the best for you. He will always protect you.
He alone, is the holder of your future.
Keep listening. He has a lot He has been waiting to tell you!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment