Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Place To Go


Every have a day when you just need someone who knows what you are are going through?
Someone to talk talk to?
Someone you can trust?
Me too. It can be very hard to find.
As listen and as I talk to people, I see a very common trend.
When you begin to share your story, some one will interject, " Well at least you don't have....yada yada yada, like I did".
I just want to scream! But I don't, I know people have lost the art of being a good listener. If I am part of this conversation as a third person, I try to re-direct it back to the person who is hurting and looking for compassion.
So where can we go, when we just need someone who completely understands and won't make our issue seem insignificant?

Hebrews 4
14Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Jesus knows what you and I are going through.
Everything, we are going through.
He has been there. He has walked through it.
And He conquered it. For us.

Today when you need someone who will listen, love you, and give you their undivided attention, go to the One I am choosing to turn to:
16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

You will never be interrupted, and you will be enveloped in a warm hug of mercy and grace.

What will you choose today?

Chasing After Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment