Friday, November 19, 2010

Daily Devo: Luke 18:1-8 -"Answers and Faith"




Luke 18:1-8

18:1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” (ESV)
 
Lord I bring up this prayer before you as a prayer for hope, walking in a very uncertain time, knowing that YOU will answer! I also know that You answer perfectly because You are my heavenly Father and You desire what is best for me. Verse 8 is a very unsettling verse. I pray You will find me faithful when You return. I also pray that I will be used as a tool for You so that others might be found having faith when You return. Let my prayer today not so much be for justice, but for hearts to turn to You so that You will find faith when You return. 

Today:
I will pray without ceasing.
I will have faith that God will hear and answer those prayers according to His good and perfect will!
I will remember that You gave me grace, not justice and that is what I pray for for those around me.
I will Chase after His Heart!


Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment