Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daily Devo-Luke 18:31-43 " From Confusion To Praises"



Luke 18:31-43
31 And taking the twelve, he said to them, “See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be accomplished. 32 For he will be delivered over to the Gentiles and will be mocked and shamefully treated and spit upon. 33 And after flogging him, they will kill him, and on the third day he will rise.” 34 But they understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said.
35 As he drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 And hearing a crowd going by, he inquired what this meant. 37 They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.” 38 And he cried out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 39 And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 40 And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me recover my sight.” 42 And Jesus said to him, “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.” 43 And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. (ESV)

Lord as read this part of your Word today I see many things. I see that even your disciples who were with you in your life did not understand all you said. They could not grasp the impending death and resurrection of their Lord. It has been laid out for me in your Word and their are times I still can't wrap my mind around the pain and suffering that You went through for me. I am ashamed to say, I sometimes forget that you conquered death as well. You said You would. You did. I need to keep that forefront in my mind as walk through this life. I have nothing to fear.
As Jesus and his guys continue on their way, they come upon a blind beggar man. The blind man asks what is going on, what all the commotion is about. He is told it is Jesus. This man does not hesitate. He cries out to Jesus. What I read next , Lord, is heart breaking. He is rebuked and told to shut up! Imagine that. He is crying out for the One who can heal him, and those around him, tell him to shut up. I learn two lessons in this today.
#1- never listen to those who are trying to silence you when you are reaching out for Jesus. No one can take away your voice and no one can keep Jesus from hearing it. You do not have to have the crowds approval to reach out for Jesus. It is a personal thing. It is between you and Him.
#2- I cannot even fathom what Jesus must have thought about those who tried to keep this man from him. I never want to be the one who tries to prevent someone from coming to Jesus. I need to either facilitate them reaching for their Lord or I need to get out of the way. Anything else is wrong.


The beautiful thing that I see is the result of this man's healing. It is not in the fact that he can now see. It is that he immediately followed Jesus and praised God. So did the crowd that was there. The same crowd that moments before wanted him to "shut up" is now singing the praises of God with him.

Lord let me remember who You are and what you have done. May my eyes and heart be opened so that I can see You and sing Your praises and help lead the earthly choir to do the same!
Today:
I will remember that Jesus has suffered a lot for me. He has conquered death. I have no reason to fear anything.
I will cry to Jesus regardless of what anyone around me might say.
I will not hinder anyone in coming to Christ.
I will sing the praises of Jesus as I follow Him. 
I will Chase After God's Heart!
Chasing After Their Hearts,

Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment