Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Devo- Luke18:15-16 "A Childlike Faith"


Luke 18:15-16
15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”


Lord may I never keep a child from You. With either my actions or my deeds. Really that is actually the easy part of obeying this verse. How do I receive the Kingdom like a child is a little tougher. We spend our entire adulthood trying to teach children how to grow up and love you, God. How to "properly" worship you God. How to act like someone who is walking with you God. And yet, that is not at all what this verse says. I need to look around me and see how the children view You. How they worship You. How they serve you.
This is what I see:
Children love God, simply because He is God.
Children worship with reckless abandon. The jump, sing, dance, spin with joy, and all because they are excited about singing and praising God.
Children love to serve other people simply because they love Jesus and because they accept the fact that it makes God happy.
Children will tell others everything they know about God without worrying about what they don't know, or of they will say something wrong.

God is simply who He is He in a Child's eyes. 
The difference I observe between a child and an adult is I have yet to ever see a child try to replace God with themselves. Only adults do that.
Please forgive me Lord for the times I have neglected to see the beauty of a child's faith.

Today :
I will observe the faith of the children around me.
I will watch and I will learn.
I will drop my pride so that I can see God through a child's eyes.
I will chase after their heart, so I can see His heart! 

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment