Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Increase My Faith Lord! I Feel So Unappreciated!




All those meals I cook.
All those beds I make.
All those loads of laundry I do.
All those places I transport kids to.
All those hours spent cleaning the house!
All those times I clean the church building because no one else is signed up!
All those times I fill in as teacher to the children's classes because no one else will!

Do you ever feel under-appreciated? Ever feel like not doing what you do everyday because it really must not matter because it seems to be unnoticed?

I would be a liar if I said I hadn't felt like I had done more than my share and I should just quit because it is someone else's turn to step up and serve me!

I feel like Cinderella! Maybe I just need to increase my faith!

I read a passage about increasing my faith this morning and God came in the back door and "Gibb's slapped" me upside the head!

Read with me:
Luke 17:5-10  Then the apostles said to the Lord, "Give us more faith."
  The Lord said, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Pull yourself up by the roots, and plant yourself in the sea!' and it would obey you.
  "Suppose someone has a servant who is plowing fields or watching sheep. Does he tell his servant when he comes from the field, 'Have something to eat'?
  No. Instead, he tells his servant, 'Get dinner ready for me! After you serve me my dinner, you can eat yours.'
  He doesn't thank the servant for following orders.
 That's the way it is with you. When you've done everything you're ordered to do, say, 'We're worthless servants. We've only done our duty.'"

I am always asking God to increase my faith. I know that as my faith increases so will my trust and obedience grow. That's what the Christian walk is all about, right?

Funny thing I found this morning. Maybe you see it too.

Jesus tells the disciples if they only have enough faith to equal the size of a mustard seed, they will be able to uproot a tree with just their words.

( Those seeds are small! See them to the left of the pencil tip!)





I have some trees in my day to day walk that I would like to be able to move just by speaking! Digging them up gets tiring, and I am already exausted and doing plenty of other things!


Right after that, Jesus talks to them about being a servant. About doing what a servant is supposed to do. About a servant knowing who THEY are and WHO the master is.

The very last verse is where I really received my "Gibb's head slap". Here it is again;

He doesn't thank the servant for following orders.  That's the way it is with you. When you've done everything you're ordered to do, say, 'We're worthless servants. We've only done our duty.'"

Everything I do, is as a servant to Jesus, who is my master. If I sit around and wait to be acknowledged for doing exactly what God has called me to do, then I am out of line. 
God has created me to be a Christian woman to serve in the Church, in my home and in my community. I need to do what he has called me to do knowing that I am a servant.

It all comes down to humility. Know what else? If I am a servant with a servant's mind and attitude,and I am serving King Jesus, my faith will increase!

To quote Perry Noble: " You are only as deep as the last person you served".

Here's to knowing who I am and who I serve!

Chasing Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment