Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where Are You Standing?


Ever had a time in your life when you knew nothing for sure?
Unknown job.
Unknown home.
Unknown future plans, beyond this very moment?
Me too.
I am there right now.
But I am at peace. 
This scripture is why; 

Psalm 77:18-20

18 Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind,
   your lightning lit up the world;
   the earth trembled and quaked.
19 Your path led through the sea,
   your way through the mighty waters,
   though your footprints were not seen.
 20 You led your people like a flock
   by the hand of Moses and Aaron. 

A path.
It is leading through a storm.
Lightening and thunder all around.
But it is lighting my path.
The path is leading through the mighty waters.
SO to stay on the path, I have to walk where only God can take me, 
in faith,
that He will protect me like a shepherd protects the flock.

It doesn't matter if I can see God's footprints. 
It doesn't matter that I don't know God's plan.
What matters is I am following His path.

Where do you need to follow today to stay on the path?
God is there.
He will never leave you alone!
Follow. Have faith. See the dry ground under your feet.

Chasing After Their Hearts,

Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment