Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shaking But Held

Has your life ever been shaken so hard that you can barely keep your balance? As of 5:40pm, 1/12/2010, I have been shaken to the very depths of my soul. I am struggling to get my feet on the steadied on the ground and help those around me pick themselves up as well.

You see, my son is in Haiti. There was a 7.0 earthquake there just about 5pm on 1/12/2010. We got the news via Facebook at 5:40pm. I have not stopped shaking.

I know that God is in control. I know that God has put my son there for just this very purpose. I know everything will be ok, even if it isn't.

That's what is scary.

My heart promise for this year (chosen in December) is this:

2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

So today I claim this verse for me. To get through the worry and concern.

For my son. To do what God wants him to do. to keep him safe.

And while my world is still shaking, at least I know who is holding me, my son, and both of our circumstances.

So, this song is getting me through today. I've included the lyrics and a video. Maybe it will help you if your world is shaking.



I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
for the joy of the lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
for the joy of the lord

we say yes lord
yes lord yes yes lord!
yes lord, yes lord
yes yes lord
yes lord yes lord
yes yes lord amen

I'm pressed but not crushed,persecuted
not abandoned
struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his
promise will endure
that his joy's gonna be my strenght
through the sorrow may last for the night
his joy comes with the morning!
---

And even as I was writing this, we heard from my son. His compound has be demolished and they are trying to make it to the airport. Please pray for God to continue to guide them safely to the airport.

Chasing Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson
womanaftergod@gmail.com
www.twitter.com/GlendaJohnson63
http://www.facebook.com/BibleBowlGlenda

1 comment:

  1. Glenda, know that I, and a church family you do not even know here in VA, are praying for Billy and his team, as well as the people of Haiti. Thank you for your emotionally uplifting words! -Dave Richmond

    ReplyDelete