April 1, 1983. Yes, April Fools Day. I became a wife. It was wonderful!
I also became a Daughter-in-law. Which means I also acquired a Mother-In-Law.
(No, that IS NOT my mother-in-law!) ;)
And a very interesting journey began.
May 29,2004. My son got married. It was....difficult.
I became a mother-in-law. I acquired a daughter-in-law.
My journey took on a whole new meaning.
(No, this is NOT myself and my daughter-in-law) ;)
This is an invitation to contribute to a book that I am writing. It is all about..that difficult subject....
I have a mother-in-law. I love her dearly.
I am a mother-in-law. I love my daughter-in-law dearly.
I would be a liar if I said that both of the those relationships did not go through some rough spots. There have been easy times, and some times that have been a little more challenging.
I have observed in my walk through this life that this tends to be one of the most difficult relationships for women.
My book is a journey through this process of two women sharing a man and how to hopefully make this a more joyful trip.
" I Just told your Mother I welcomed her advice!"
I find humor and tears as I walk this path. I also find true joy!
So here is what I need from you. Below are a couple of questions. Please answer them. I assure you it can be done totally anonymously. I will not quote any names. You can respond either by copying and answering the questions in the comment section (not anonymous) or by copying the questions and putting them into an e-mail with the answers. (Totally anonymous, pinky swear!)
Most all ladies that are married have a M-I-L . Some of you are one. Give me your insight. Share your struggles and share your joys!
Thanks for your help.
Highlight the following and copy it. Paste it into either the comments section or an e-mail with your answers.
1. How long have you been married?
2. Do you have a son or daughter that is married? Which one? How long have they been married?
3. Did you know your M-I-L before you were to be married to your husband? Did you know your future s-i-l/d-i-l before they married your child?
4. Do you currently have a good relationship with your M-I-L? D-I-L? S-I-L?
5. What do you think is the main reason your answer is what it is in #4?
6. Would you be interested in filling out an entire questionnaire on this subject?
Thanks for help.
Let's chase HER heart together!
Chasing Their Hearts,