Monday, December 6, 2010

Daily Devo- I Thessalonians 5:1-11 "What Are You Wearing Today?"

 

 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

5:1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. (ESV)


Lord thank you for the reminder that You are coming back. This can either be frightening or comforting. I find great comfort in it, but also a sense of sadness for those who have chosen not to know You.
May a fire be fanned into flame in my heart today for those who do not know you. Please give me opportunities to point them to You.
 
I am dressing today with the breastplate of faith and love and putting on the helmet of the hope of salvation. 

Wearing these things I have protection and comfort and security no matter what comes my way. It also enables me to share the gospel with those who You put in my path today!
I'm dressed, and my heart is ready Lord.
Even so Lord Jesus come quickly!  

Today:
I will look for opportunities to share the gospel message with those God has put in my path.
I will encourage and build up other believers so they can do the same.
 
Chasing After Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment