Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Unpolitically Correct View of a Wife-Eve


Genesis 2:15-25

 15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
 18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
 19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
   But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
 23 The man said,
   “This is now bone of my bones
   and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
   for she was taken out of man.”
 24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
 25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
 
Lord, help me to remember that Eve was created to fill a need for Adam that You knew he had. As I meditate on this, I must know that that I was created for my husband. The world would tell me that my husband is created to do my bidding and what ever I desire. This passage today reminds me very clearly, that I was created to be a helper for him. He was not created to be a filler of voids in my life.
Lord, show me how I can be a better helper to my husband. Show me how I can be who You have created me to be, and help me to tune out the world's view of who I am and what I should be.
 
Today:

I will remember that it is NOT all about me.
I will look for ways to better meet my husband's needs.
I will NOT listen to the propaganda that the world is selling concerning what a wife and woman should be.
I will listen to God.
 
Is there anything you need to view differently to be more like the woman God has created you to be?
 
I will chase after the heart of my husband. It was exactly what I was created to do!
 
Chasing After Their Hearts,

Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment