Saturday, December 4, 2010

Daily Devo- Luke 21:1-4 "Where is Your Heart?"


Luke 21:1-4
21:1 Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Lord as I read this, I know that because I live in the United States, that I am among the richest people in the world. I may not be wealthy here, or in my neighborhood, but I know there are many who have much less than I do. I know you care about my giving. I know that it is a indicator of where my heart is in relationship to you. 
I do not want to give out of my abundance. I want to give sacrificially. I want my heart to desire to give beyond what I am able because I am overflowing in gratitude and love for You. I know that to do this I must put You first in all my thoughts. I have come to realize that I cannot give my life to You if I don't surrender all to You. 

This means my money too. Even at this time of year when there are gifts that HAVE to be purchased. Even when there are BILLS to be paid. Even when there are CLOTHES that are needed. Lord You must be first. 
Tomorrow is the first day of the week. I will assemble with the Saints to worship and praise You. 

When the offering plate is passed, may my worship show up there too and not just be when I am standing and singing.


Today:
I will make sure I do not make choices with money that will leave me tempted to not give to Jesus.
I will rethink what I really NEED verses what I really WANT.
I will keep forefront in my mind that where my treasure is, my heart can be found. I want it found in Jesus!





Chasing After Their Hearts,


Glenda Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Kris! Thankyou for your comment. I am so sorry, I accidentally deleted your comment. Please repost it!
    I appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete