Thursday, December 2, 2010

Daily Devo- Luke 20: 27-40 "Who Will I Be Married To In Heaven?"


Luke 20:27-40
27 There came to him some Sadducees, those who deny that there is a resurrection, 28 and they asked him a question, saying, “Teacher, Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies, having a wife but no children, the man must take the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 29 Now there were seven brothers. The first took a wife, and died without children. 30 And the second 31 and the third took her, and likewise all seven left no children and died. 32 Afterward the woman also died. 33 In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife will the woman be? For the seven had her as wife.”
34 And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, 36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. 37 But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the passage about the bush, where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. 38 Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him.” 39 Then some of the scribes answered, “Teacher, you have spoken well.” 40 For they no longer dared to ask him any question. (ESV)

Lord it is good to be reminded today that You are the God of the living. Death has been done away with by the resurrection!

It is also good and comforting to see that the things of this life, the things that consume so much of our time, will pass away when we step into eternity with You.

Marriage is ordained by You. It began in the Garden with the very first man and woman. Marriage is holy. Marriage is a blessing from You. What I see today is that while marriage is awesome and wonderful, there is even something that is better. Something that is so all consuming that we do not take marriage into eternity.
That something is You. I will be all consumed with the praise and worship that is given You.
While I wait for that day to come, I am thankful for my husband.

I am thankful as well that I am the bride of Christ and someday I will spend eternity with a different groom with no worries that are tied to this life on earth!
Thank you for being the God of the living!
Today:
I will know that death has been conquered and I will be resurrected to live with God for all eternity.
I will be thankful for the husband God has blessed me with that I get to spend my earthly life with.
I will remember that I am the bride of Christ and my groom is coming soon.
 
 
Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment