Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Manger

As I ponder the Christmas story today, I think of the manger. The place where a young mother laid her baby. These are the thoughts that come to my mind as push the animals out of the way and peek into the manger.



Made by man, to hold the maker of man.
Animal feeder holding the bread of life.
No room anywhere in the world for this baby, except here.
Giving a resting place for the One who would be peace and eternal rest.
Entrance into a world for the King of Kings.
Rough edges of a bed that would become the rough edges of the cross.

 
Luke 2:12

"This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

What do you see today?

Chasing After Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! So thankful that God loved me enough to send his Son to die for my sins that I may have eternal life.

    ReplyDelete