Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3:30am Smile

I woke up at 3:30 am today. As I looked at the clock , I smiled that knowing smile as I lay in the dark that only a momma can smile.
Twenty-nine years ago at about 3:30am today, my first child was born.

He weighed 9'4oz, and I only had 1 1/2 hours of labor.
He got the big baby of the day award at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, AZ.
I was so glad he was here, I was two weeks over due, and it was still over 100 degrees outside.


My son Stephen is an over-comer.
He started having seizures at 18 months old.
Because of this, he developed some learning disabilities.
He has been assaulted.
He has been bullied.

Instead of all of those things being an excuse, the astounding young man is now:

Seizure free
Finishing a college degree
A light of hope to people most consider the "dregs" of society.
He has a heart to reach people who are hurting.
His great desire is to be on the mission field.

I am so very proud of this son of mine.
Happy Birthday Stephen.
God has BIG plans for you!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment