Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Being A Crown





I like crowns. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew crowns were good. Princesses and queens have crowns when you a little girl. The homecoming queen has a crown when you are a young woman. Miss America has crown when you are a woman. Crowns are good!


My granddaughter and I play with crowns all the time. She ALLOWS me to wear a crown and be royalty WITH her. We RULE when we wear a crown.
Truth be told,  crowns are beautiful. Given the chance to pretend , I would even want to be a shiny, diamond and ruby, silver, beautiful crown.

Crowns are worn by important people, and are the sign of honor.
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Proverbs 12:4  A wife with strength of character is the crown of her husband, but the wife who disgraces him is like bone cancer. (GW)

I can be a crown!!!!! But I can also be cancer.

Oh stink!

As I was reading today, I realized my character determines whether I am a crown to my my husband or I am a cancer to my husband.

I must confess, as people tell me what a "good preacher's wife" I am, my mind wanders back to a day a few years ago when someone didn't think so.

Me.

I mishandled something. I did something that was not right. Not on purpose, or with the blatant intent to deceive, but wrong still the same.  My husband , being the Godly man that he is, stepped in the gap for me.  He took the brunt of the the wronged person's anger.

One line that person said still rings loud and clear in my head.

" And you are supposed to be a man of the cloth!"

I was devastated.  My lack of of a wise choice, purposeful or not, gave my husband's reputation a black mark. God too, in this person's mind.
 
It was a wake up call for me. My character directly reflects on my husband. I need to make sure I am being the Godly woman that God created me to be. My sin does not only affect me.  It could give my husband spiritual "cancer".

I would rather be a shiny, diamond filled crown on his head! It is more beautiful, and less painful than cancer.



So here's to forgiveness and grace. To making sure my character reflects honor for God and for my husband. They both deserve my very best.

How about you? have you thought about your actions of today, this week, this year?

Be a crown, it is the way to Chase After Their Hearts!


Chasing After Their Hearts,

Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment