Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gentle Reminder

I was driving through the West Virginia Mountains today and the color that was radiating from the trees took my breath away.

I literally was overcome by the beauty that was all around me.

As I stopped and gazed at all the colors, I prayed a prayer of thanks to Almighty God.

I wondered if there was anything that God created that was as beautiful as the tree covered mountains I was intently fixing all of my attention on.

Then that sweet, small voice of the Holy Spirit whispered to my heart.

"Yes. There is something that has beauty beyond compare. Something that is so ravishing,
it makes all the colors of this mountain dim and fade to nothing."

                                       "My Image Bearers".       

As beautiful as the trees and mountains are, God did not create them in His image.
Jesus did not die for them.
The Holy Spirit does not take residence in them.

A gentle reminder from God to find real beauty
in the people around me.

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment