Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Walk Through Time

I just journeyed thirty-four years in four hours

Walking through time was wonderful and kinda scary.

My best friend from high school, whom I haven't seen in twenty years, just came over and we ran through thirty -four years.
As we talked and reminisced, something occurred to me.

I shouldn't be alive today.

We made some crazy choices.
We made some crazy choices with friends, strangers, and even in a foreign country where even our parents did not know our location. (Two teenage girls in Mexico without permission)


I am very thankful for the Grace of God!!

Although we haven't seen each other in twenty years or even spoken, the time just melted away.
We did life together back then. Even after we were both married, for a few years we did life together.
Then, we just drifted out of each other's lives.
I am thankful for a friend who still after all of these years loves me and receives my love.
We have made a promise to not let another twenty years go by.

All of this comes after the funeral this morning of my husband's uncle who died way too soon.

People are important.

We may not have twenty years to get around to getting in touch with someone.
Today is a reminder that I need to make a better effort with my relationships.

Who do you need to contact?
You may not have tomorrow.

Pick up the phone.
Send the email.
Facebook.
Just do it!

You will be glad you did!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment