Friday, October 7, 2011

Friends Across The Years


My mind was rewinding today and thinking about a special friend of mine. A friend I was reunited with a couple of years ago.

Here is the story.

I was waiting for my husband to be moved from the OR recovery room to his regular room at the hospital. He had just had surgery on his neck. We were in the recovery room for five and a half hours because there were no rooms available.

Then God showed up. A dear friend that I have known since 1987 walked by. She works at the hospital.  It was awesome because due to our travel with different ministries, I had not seen her in eight years and had not communicated with her in five years.

She and I looked up and caught each others eyes and immediately ran into each others arms. We stood there and hugged and cried for 5 minutes. Then we caught up for the next 20. We talked some more on her break when she came up to check on my husband.

The time we had spent apart, melted instantly. It was wonderful. We had shared life over the years, raising children, ups and downs of marriage, and Jesus. We were connected at the heart level. I asked for forgiveness for neglecting our friendship.

God brought back to my attention just how important it is to have women in our lives with whom we can share, trust for advice, and grow closer to Jesus with. God did not intend for us to be alone on the journey.

I have a few ladies that are close friends. We are close enough that we can be real, and bear our hearts to one another without having to wear a mask.

Tit 2:3  Tell older women to live their lives in a way that shows they are dedicated to God. Tell them not to be gossips or addicted to alcohol, but to be examples of virtue.
Tit 2:4  In this way they will teach young women to show love to their husbands and children,
Tit 2:5  to use good judgment, and to be morally pure. Also, tell them to teach young women to be homemakers, to be kind, and to place themselves under their husbands' authority. Then no one can speak evil of God's word.

God wants us women to grow together, and teach each other how to chase after our husband's heart and our children's heart. But most of all, Jesus' heart.

I have committed to invest back into this friend.  I am going to nurture this friendship and the other ones I have so that we can all grow together.

Is there a friendship you need to spend some time on? Is there a new that needs to be formed?

Get busy Chasing Their Hearts!

By the way, the time difference between my husband getting a room and me finding my friend, 3 minutes.
God always has a plan!


Chasing Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson
http://www.twitter.GlendaJohnson63
womanaftergod@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment