Thursday, September 29, 2011

Always Have A Plan B?


Left the house at 3:30 am today to catch a plane.
My day has been crazy.

While I always make up the plan as I go along, I always make Plan A, AND Plan B!
Let me explain how this took place today:

Plan A: Get on the connecting flight in Philly and fly to AZ.Follow all the rules for airline passengers and deplane in Phoenix.

Assault on Plan A: Back up in traffic pattern for the plane to take off and us sitting in the middle of the runway for an additional 30 min.

Plan B: Getting up when the flight attendants are stating to stay in your seat, breaking rules BIG TIME, because I had 2 cups of coffee AND a bottle of water prior to getting on the plane, AND I have delivered 7 children.

Plan A: Old friends from childhood times pick us up from the airport, we have lunch, then they drop us off at my sister's home in time for them to get their daughter from school.

Assault on Plan A: GPS cannot find my sister's address. We cannot locate my sister's house. It is getting late to pick up friend's child. Go to call sister, who is in Hawaii, on vacation while we are in AZ, and both mine and hubby's phones die. Don't know sister's phone number and since the phones are dead....


Plan B: Use Friend's cell phone to call younger son to get his Aunt's phone number. Call Sister, praying that she answers the phone while lying on the beach in Hawaii since this is a number on her caller ID she doesn't know. Talk to sister, find out hubby had address wrong. Call family friend of our friends to pick up their child who is now waiting, all scared and alone after choir practice. Find sister's house FINALLY. Realize we must call her back because alarm codes are in the dead phone's text messages.

Glad I had a Plan B today, or I would have been totally lost when Plan A took its frontal assault.

As I was giggling looking back on the "Three Stooges" kind of day I had, something occurred to me.

I most often get in trouble when I make a Plan B in my walk with Christ. Let me explain.

I pray and ask for wisdom and guidance for a certain situation. Then as I read God's Word and seek out Godly counsel, I get frustrated with God's Plan A. I just can't see how it could possibly work out. I can't make sense out of why He is taking through all the things that are going on.
So I revert to Plan B. MY Plan B.
That is where the trouble begins. I think MY Plan B is better than God's Plan A.

Isaiah 55:9
 (NIV1984)
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

When I am on the path and follow God's plan, there NEVER needs to be a Plan B!
It is all about knowing WHO He is, and trusting His Plan A!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment