Saturday, September 24, 2011

How I Can Fix The Problem



I am a problem-solver by nature.
My personality is one that never sees a problem I don't think I can solve.
While I might be willing to admit, grudgingly, that there are some things out there beyond my control, it is hard to accept.


I am a mom. Moms fix things. Mom can do anything.
I am a wife. I can make the problems of the day disappear for my husband.
I am a preacher's wife. I can teach any class, that no one else wants to that is. I can settle down a disgruntled member. I can help a hurting person see the solution to a problem.
 I can fix lots of things.


Sometimes, I feel like all I am doing is problem solving. Fighting battles, some that are not mine. Using my energy to handle things that simply put, I am not called by God to fix.


What am I called to do?  There are many things, but as I was meditating on scripture this morning and really asking for wisdom, this is what I found.

Rom 12:16  Live in harmony with each other. Don't be arrogant, but be friendly to humble people. Don't think that you are smarter than you really are.
Rom 12:17  Don't pay people back with evil for the evil they do to you. Focus your thoughts on those things that are considered noble.
Rom 12:18  As much as it is possible, live in peace with everyone.
Rom 12:19  Don't take revenge, dear friends. Instead, let God's anger take care of it. After all, Scripture says, "I alone have the right to take revenge. I will pay back, says the Lord."
Rom 12:20  But, "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. If you do this, you will make him feel guilty and ashamed."
Rom 12:21  Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil with good. 


There are somethings I think I need to fix or battle for, when in reality, God is calling me to
Live in harmony with others. (vs 16) I am to live in peace with EVERYONE. (vs 18).


Most importantly, and I must admit, this is where I really get hung up,
God is telling me NOT to take revenge or try to handle wrongs done. (vs 19)
God alone will handle it! It is HIS church. It can protect it, defend it and see that wrongs against her are avenged.


He actually asks me to love and care for those who are wronging it. (vs 20) This is how God is asking ME to FIX a problem.


Wow, who would have thought, that care, love and living peacefully was an answer to so much?

God.
That's why He gave us His Word.
To see His heart,
so we could chase after it.

Chasing Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment