Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Was I Thinking??



Saturday is going to be a fabulous day.
My husband and I are hosting an open house for the members of the new church we are serving. I moved in just a couple of months ago, and I want to be hospitable.
I love entertaining. I am really excited to have a large number of people in my home. There was an invatation to the entire county in the newspaper today to our open house.
WHAT WAS I THINKING?
Started baking with my daughter today. Major cooking begins tomorrow.
And
I
still
have
boxes
 to
unpack!!!!
I am starting to feel just a little overwhelmed.
Then I unpacked a little book by Janet M. Congo, Julie L. Mask, and Jan E. Meier entitled,
" Time For Myself, Quiet Thoughts For Busy Women".
It was book marked on a page that had this scripture:
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17 (NIV)

The book then said this:
"Every calling-even to housework- is a holy calling if I am doing it for the Lord."

I was literally stopped in my tracks. Just when I thought I would never get it all done, I was reminded WHY I was doing it.
I am wanting to do life with the people pf my community so we can serve the Lord together. Every effort I put forth is NOT for me, but for Jesus.
So now that I have relaxed, blogged, and caught my breath, I think I see a box....

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment