Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Uh Oh, Tomorrow!!!!

It has been a very busy week.
A great week, but very, very busy.
We are having a revival at our congregation that started Sunday morning and will end, (the preaching by the guest speaker will end, not the revival), tonight.
Tomorrow morning my husband and I will fly to Arizona so he can preach his uncle's funeral. We will then fly back on Saturday to then attend a local event.
Like I said, VERY busy.
The first thing I thought of when I opened my eyes this morning was tomorrow.

We have to be at the airport at 5:30 am.
The airport is 90 min. from out home.
That means we have to leave at 4 am.
This translates to a 3am wake-up time, after a late night at the revival.
I began to worry, just a little, about the day tomorrow.
Oh and did I mention, we change two time zones, so we will have a VERY LONG day!



Then my daughter came in to do her quoting for Bible Bowl this morning, and she quoted this verse:

Matthew 6
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Wow! A message from God to me.
STOP WORRYING ABOUT TOMORROW!
I have enough going on just to get through today!
I have people to minister to.
I have a family to get ready so I can be away for three days.
God has work for me to do, that I cannot get done, if I only worry about tomorrow!
SO today, I choose to be about my tasks at hand, not to be concerned over the schedule of tomorrow, and embrace and enjoy the precious gift of TODAY that God has given me.
I will also be prepared for the little bumps that will come with today, God said EACH day has it's own TROUBLE, so I am now prepared!

Thank you God for you words of love and encouragement to me today!!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment