Monday, September 19, 2011

The New Addition

For nineteen years, when I said, "We have a new addition to the family", it meant that we had just brought home a new baby. For the last ten years we have had no new additions to the family.
Until today.
We have a new addition to our home as of today.
It is not a newborn baby.
It is my mother-in-love.
My husband's mother arrived today, to make our home, her new home.
You should know that my MIL is vibrant, healthy, and very independent.
She CHOSE to come live in our home.
And we CHOSE to celebrate this decision.
I am very excited, as is the rest of the family about our new addition.
Today, when she first arrived, she made a phone call to let someone know that she had safely arrived.
The words she spoke to that person made my heart sing with joy.
"I have arrived at MY new HOME!"
Sweetest words I heard today.
Welcome to the newest member of our home!

Chasing After Their Hearts,
Glenda Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment